Lecture: Pittsburgh Hospitals and the Affordable Care Act
Thursday, February 5, 2015
Pittsburgh – The School of Nursing and Health Sciences at Robert Morris University will host “The Modern History of Pittsburgh Health Care and Its Future Under the Affordable Care Act,” a lecture and panel discussion on Thursday, April 9, a RMU’s Moon Township campus.
The event will include a talk on the history of health care in Pittsburgh by Dr. Alan Yeasted, chief medical officer of St. Clair Hospital in Mt. Lebanon. The event, in the International Suite of the Sewall Center, gets underway at 5:15 p.m. with a networking reception and poster presentations by undergraduate and graduate students in RMU’s Health Services Administration Program. Yeasted will speak at 6:15, and the panel discussion follows at 6:45. The panelists will be:
• A.J. Harper, president of the Hospital Council of Western Pennsylvania
• Page Babbit, director of provider engagement, performance and partnerships at Highmark.
• Margaret Weir, chairwoman of the board of directors of Butler Hospital.
• Dr. Alan Yeasted, chief medical officer of St. Clair Hospital.
• Lynn Watson, director of care management at Washington Hospital.
• Joe Angelelli, assistant professor of health science administration at RMU.
The event is free and open to the public but space is limited. RSVP to Holly Hampe at firstname.lastname@example.org.